Optimize your infrastructure, manage your environment, improve your workflow
In your ongoing quest to maximize productivity and drive down costs, you might be surprised by the savings and greater competitive advantage you can achieve with a fully optimized and well-managed printing and imaging environment. In fact, studies have shown that managing your fleet holistically can save you upwards of 30% on your printing costs. And the savings increase exponentially when the scope of work includes automating your paper-intensive workflows. This is what HP Managed Print Services (MPS) is all about, and why HP has been recognized as a leader in the field by the industry’s most respected analysts. So, whether you’re interested in reducing environmental waste, increasing productivity while lowering overall costs, or freeing up capital to drive innovation, there’s proven value in outsourcing the management of all or part of your print environment to an established partner: HP.
Implementing a managed print solution is just the beginning. It creates a foundation that enables reductions in waste, introduces new business capabilities, and streamlines workflow process.” – Drew Pawlak, Director, Global Client Services Delivery, Merck & Co.
Achieve a flexible, secure print environment—and save costs
HP Managed Print Services is a comprehensive suite of customizable solutions that span office, production, and commercial environments. It offers you a range of leading-edge imaging and printing devices (HP and multivendor), network print management software, supplies (including paper), support, professional services, and document workflow solutions. Through HP MPS, you can achieve a cost-effective, secure, and highly flexible environment that manages all the information that makes your business run—whether your employees are in the office, at home, or on the go.
HP MPS enables you to manage your imaging and printing assets as a business investment rather than as a technology cost center. Through analytics and insights, we proactively help you gain greater visibility into your usage patterns and needs—and help you plan for ongoing improvements. HP also tailors solutions for your industryspecific requirements, including government and education.
Merck spreads successful MPS program globally
As a global company, Merck strives to be efficient in its operations around the world while serving as a good corporate citizen. The company targeted printing as an area where it could improve. Merck leveraged its relationship with HP to improve its printing environment globally. As a result, Merck achieved:
• 80% reduction in devices through consolidation, which reduced fleet footprint and costs and increased environmental savings
• 40% reduction in print output
• Immediate and continued workflow improvements
• Nearly 30% adoption of duplex printing reduced paper use by several million pages per month
MPS that is scalable and tailored to your needs
Industry-leading network infrastructure management and asset management capabilities are the foundation of HP MPS. They enable remote and secure installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and management of your imaging and printing environment.
The overriding philosophy of HP MPS is to offer a scalable suite of services, indicated below, that can be tailored to your needs.
- Assessment services Help you gain visibility into your current usage and uncover hidden costs as you develop a business case for change
- Financial and procurement services Assist you with options as you plan, acquire, retire, and replace your assets to help you achieve a low TCO
- Transition and implementation services Help to ensure that the right equipment is installed in the appropriate location and that your end users know how to make the most of these capabilities
- Management and support services Deliver proactive support to ensure an ongoing return on investment through fleet optimization, maintenance, supplies management, and greater visibility into usage trends, capacity, and expenditures
- Document and workflow services Designed to accelerate business results by automating paperintensive workflows and managing the underlying infrastructure that supports our processes
Deployment of new devices saves $1 million in hardware costs and cuts print volumes by 24%— saving 12 million sheets of paper per year.– Sydney Institute, New South Wales Department of Education and Communities, Australia
HP Managed Print Services offers flexible imaging and printing services that enable organizations to adapt quickly to ever-evolving business and technology environments.
Analysts position HP as an industry leader in MPS
HP has been recognized as a leader in managed print services for years. Our investments in innovative technologies, infrastructure, and partnerships have been recognized by respected third-party analysts, including:
- Gartner placed HP in its Leaders Quadrant for MPS
- IDC ranked HP MPS as a market leader
- Forrester Research Inc. acknowledged HP as an MPS leader
- Quocirca positioned HP as a leader
The real winners, though, are the hundreds of HP customers who have lowered their imaging and printing costs and re-invested the savings to fuel innovation and growth.
“ We wanted to engage printing experts to help us identify environmentally responsible printing solutions using technology that would best serve our needs.”
– Charlie Weiner, Senior Vice President,The Walt Disney Company Enterprise Infrastructure Services
As Gartner says, “Although most organizations could, in principle, manage their own office print actively and effectively, in reality, many lack the time, the staff, the experience, the tools, and the focus, and they simply will not do it on their own. Organizations that manage their printer, copier, and fax fleets can save between 10% and 30% of their print costs.”1 An IDC survey found that “On average, respondents expect to achieve 29% savings over prior costs after deploying managed print services. Smaller companies expected smaller savings (26%) than the largest companies (31%).”
Disney’s environmental commitment establishes foundation for MPS
The Walt Disney Company implemented a new approach to managing its print needs that would help align with its environmental citizenship goals. Disney worked with HP to develop its Document Output Management Program using HP Managed Print Services. The HP MPS solution:
- Reduced Disney’s number of printing and copying devices by 59%, significantly increasing asset utilization while opening up office space
- Reduced its energy usage for printing by 18%
- Provided new capabilities such as scanning to email and network faxing
- Reduced the number of pages printed by an average of 1.5 million sheets per month through duplexing
Why HP MPS?
If your imaging and printing infrastructure consists of too much equipment and too many systems scattered over disparate locations, you’re not alone. Yet such an inflexible environment can place unnecessary stress on your resources and budget. What’s more, lack of control over your data and documents can negatively impact security, compliance, and most importantly service to your customers.
Through HP Managed Print Services, organizations like yours are strengthening their competitive position by increasing productivity, enhancing security, improving environmental stewardship, lowering operational costs, and re-investing for future growth. They are turning their imaging and printing assets into a business advantage. We invite you to partner with HP—an industry-recognized global MPS leader—to streamline the flow of documents and information that drive your business. By choosing HP, you can count on:
With end-to-end solutions and services, HP works with you to identify and address your specific needs today and into the future.
HP has more than 25 years of experience with imaging and printing in enterprise environments.
With IT professionals in 170 countries, HP has the resources to address your organization’s needs around the world.
HP is recognized as a global leader in imaging and printing, an industry leader in network and infrastructure management, and an organization with a strong commitment to environmental sustainability.
To learn more For more information on HP MPS, please visit hp.com/go/mps or contact your local HP representative to:
- Set up a strategic consultation to assess your specific business needs
- Identify the managed print services approach that will meet the unique needs of your organization today and scale with your future growth
Get connected hp.com/go/getconnected
Get the insider view on tech trends, support alerts, and HP solutions.