Secure prescriptions with HP Prescription Printing Security Solution
Help secure your prescriptions with an easy-to-deploy solution.
Prescription fraud is costly on many fronts. Unfortunately, the solutions designed to prevent this fraud can be costly too. Many providers use pre-printed security pads or dedicated printers and pre-printed security paper. But these can be expensive and create cumbersome workflows. A less expensive, more practical solution is needed to secure prescriptions.
What if you could…
- Realize a quick return on investment with an easy-to-deploy plain-paper solution?
- Eliminate the expense and hassle of purchasing, tracking and taking inventory of pre-printed paper?
- Simplify workflows by printing prescriptions, referrals, and condition information on the same printer?
- Reduce the number of calls between pharmacy and care provider caused by illegible handwriting?
HP Prescription Printing Security Solution
The HP Prescription Printing Security Solution offers a practical, cost-conscious alternative to pre-printed solutions. Powered by the reliable HP LaserJet P3005 and HP LaserJet P4015 families of printers, it’s easy to deploy, intuitive to use and can offer a rapid return on your investment. Of course, government compliance for tamper-resistant prescriptions is critical. HP Prescription Printing Security Solution has features that map to compliance requirements:
- Printed copy-void pantograph: A special pattern is printed in the background of the prescription. When photocopied, this pattern is clearly visible and reveals the word “COPY” repeated many times
- Customizable micro-print font: A custom message printed on the prescription border in a 0.6 font. When copied, this becomes unreadable; something that can be authenticated with a simple 5x loupe
- Variable print: Visible with the naked eye, this displays user-selected information (such as patient name, drug, and dosage) in repeating diagonal patterns across the prescription
- Security features description: The anti-counterfeiting feature serves as a warning box printed on the prescription that describes the security features that should be present on a valid original.
- EMR System-generated features: Any special characters designed to help prevent erasure or modification are printed on the front of the prescription as well as in the variable print feature
Print color patient identification wristbands with HP LaserJet printers and MFPs
Leverage your investment in HP technology, improve quality, and consolidate device footprint with the range of HP devices approved for LaserBand patient ID wristbands and labels.
Patient safety is one of the major issues facing any healthcare organization. Handwritten, addressographed or label-applied wristbands have proven to be ineffective in this regard. Patients every year have been given the wrong medical care because of confusion over wristbands—often due to illegible or damaged handwriting.
Over the last few years, printed wristbands with patient data have been made mandatory to phase out handwritten wristbands in many countries.
HP is an approved laser and multifunction printer manufacturer that has a range of devices for LaserBand® laser-printed patient identification wristbands. These wristbands are highly effective in combating the problem of inaccurate data. As they are self-laminating, the information on the band is protected against fluids, scratching or other physical damage.
And by helping to ensure legible patient data, hospitals can always provide the right care to the patient and avoid adverse events. This will also help speed up your admission processes as the wristband can be seamlessly generated straight out of the Hospital Information System and collated directly into the admission package for that patient with a one-step process.
Because LaserBand wristbands print on standard HP LaserJet devices, you can use many of the existing HP LaserJet printers or MFPs you have to print wristbands as well as all of your other printed documents.
Reading a barcode wristband using a portable barcode scanner, clinical staff can instantly access a wealth of patient information, including photographs, standard medical records, allergy warnings and so on. This can greatly reduces the scope for error, helping to improve patient safety and clinical outcomes.
HP Output Management Solutions for Healthcare Providers
The cost of printing failures in healthcare
Analysts estimate that one percent to three percent of an organization’s revenues are spent on document output. Furthermore, up to 30 percent of all clinical and back office process interruptions result from information delivery failures. When it comes to managing your critical patient records, the stakes couldn’t be higher. With HP Output Management Solutions, you can consolidate print servers, centralize print queue management, and reduce IT printer support staff to lower costs while protecting critical patient data.
Solution at a glance
HP Output Management Solution software provides a scalable, full-featured environment for managing all of your patient records and back office documents. Acting as a central point of document control, the software captures documents from any application, converts the data to a printer-ready format, and reliably delivers it to the target device or destination.
Administrators can quickly detect and address hardware or network-related printing errors from an intuitive web interface. Full-featured print audit and tracking functions are available to aid in compliance and cost reduction efforts.
The HP Output Management Solution lets end-users view critical healthcare content via mobile devices and/or release sensitive documents to departmental multifunction printers (MFPs) for secure printing. Our solution helps customers get maximum value from their HP output devices and prevents costly business disruptions in order to save you money.
Enhance printing output for EMR/health information system applicationsOur solution provides features that lower the cost of managing clinical and business content.
- Assured document delivery – Integrates with healthcare applications to verify document status for better, faster patient care with fewer help desk calls
- Electronic forms support – Tightly integrates with electronic forms solutions to eliminate the need for costly pre-printed forms and tamper-proof paper
- Simple configuration – Browser-based printer configuration streamlines system administration
- Multi-application support – Consolidates output from healthcare applications, Windows servers, and other systems for a cost-effective, central point of control
Customer benefits include:
- Improved patient care – Fewer printing problems occur, which means faster delivery of critical healthcare documents
- Better regulatory compliance – Secure document delivery features help with HIPAA and Meaningful Use requirements
- Lower costs – Fewer printing problems means fewer costly help desk calls; electronic document delivery features help reduce total pages printed
- Improved downtime reporting – Gives clinicians access to medication
Assured records delivery and scalable output management for your HP device fleet.
Increase accuracy with HP Distributed Workflow Solutions for Healthcare
Governments around the world are recognizing the importance of electronic health records as a means to reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care.
The HP Distributed Workflow Solutions for Healthcare are Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions that streamline and automate paper-based document processes. HP MFPs capture and transform paper documents into digital images that are routed to a secure and centrally managed repository.
Software intelligently automates and optimizes the flow of the documents between people, applications, and devices. It works with virtually any clinical electronic medical record (EMR) or business workflow application, as well as familiar software such as PeopleSoft, Lawson, Microsoft Office and SharePoint platforms. HP and HP partners like Hyland Software make it easy to improve business processes:
- Intuitively index and route documents directly from MFP touchscreens
- Integrate with any line of business application without custom coding
- Easily create sophisticated workflows from preconfigured rules and actions
- Achieve results quickly, one department at a time, without losing sight of enterprise objectives
The Medical Record Release of Information module helps ensure that an organization’s record set is complete and controlled. It aids in securing patient information, providing a central document repository for all electronic medical records, including data from other patient information systems. Disclosures are captured in one secure system, identifying any information released, by whom, to whom, and on whose authority.
The HP solutions also benefit the Health Information Management (HIM) department by eliminating the need for an analyst to manually collect documents such as radiology reports, lab reports, and operative reports from a variety of different systems. With the HP Distributed Workflow Solutions for Healthcare, these documents are automatically collected in a single location. Authorized personnel can easily review them, and updates can be sent to the chart completion module within the HIS to track and report on medical record completion status.
With HP Distributed Workflow Solutions for Healthcare, you can cut operating costs, save time, and significantly cut clinical turnaround times.
Digitize and distribute healthcare documents with HP Capture and Route
Save time— route healthcare documents with a touch of a button.
The HP Capture and Route solution is a cost-effective way to digitize and distribute your healthcare documents faster than ever before. Using your existing MFPs, scanners, or digital senders, you can easily convert paper documents into a variety of digital formats quickly, and route the information in a variety of ways with the touch of a button.
Solution at a glance
Reduce costs associated with capturing and distributing paper healthcare documents and create a more efficient environment. HP Capture and Route is a server-based solution that simplifies routing and filing of documents. Moreover, the solution enables you to scan and fax information from your existing fleet of multi-vendor MFPs and scanners.
Distribute information easily and efficiently
Minimize time spent standing at your MFP or scanner to scan, fax or email documents. With HP Capture and Route, you can create routing sheets or customized distribution lists that are ready for you to use at your scan device when you need them—all from your desktop. Once documents are ready to be distributed, simply press a button at your MFP or scanning device, and information is captured and automatically routed based on your individual instructions.
HP Capture and Route works with any networked scanning device, making it convenient to convert paper documents into a variety of editable and searchable digital formats. In addition, you can quickly scan documents directly to a network folder or to Microsoft® SharePoint®, reducing email server traffic and document management time.
Cut overall costs with a scalable solution
Lower your expenses by eliminating dedicated fax machines and analog fax lines using HP Capture and Route’s Fax over IP capabilities. Even more, you can reduce the stacks of incoming faxes piling up in paper trays. Plus, ease printing and shipping costs by capturing information in digital form.
Highly scalable, the solution can be implemented in one department with the ability to expand across your healthcare organization as needed. Additionally, it can support 5 to 30,000 device licenses—from HP and multi-vendor MFPs, networked scanners, and digital senders.
Securely manage business critical information
Capturing information in digital form supports record retention and privacy requirements, helps increase document security, and simplifies regulatory and policy compliance with audit trails. HP Capture and Route tracks multiple document types, including digital, fax, and paper through a single server with a built-in audit trail logging feature. The solution’s failover server option ensures your information is protected in case of an outage. For even more peace of mind, HP Capture and Route works with HP Access Control, for authentication and enhanced security.
Reduce costs and liability
Lower operating costs associated with storing, distributing, and managing paper documents. Rely on a solution that improves audit trail processes to minimize compliance and regulatory risks.
Improve outcomes with HP Patient Communications
Help reduce hospital re-admissions, improve patient outcomes and promote transition care.
In order to increase clinical effectiveness, reduce re-hospitalization rates and reduce the number of readmissions within 30 days, hospitals are reviewing the effectiveness of their discharge documents. Too often, patients receive generic communication. And current systems are unequal to the task of effectively communicating with patients, primary care trusts, doctors, and the extended care community.
HP Patient Communications Solutions address these challenges by providing comprehensive patient communication management. From a simple interface, staff can quickly produce discharge documents that automatically compile all of the information necessary for a positive transition to life after discharge. These documents can be automatically populated with:
- Illustrated medication lists: These can include instructions on what medication to take, when and in what dosage. And including images of the medicines is a simple, effective aid to proper use
- What to expect: Help patients understand how their healing process will work, complications to look out for, the intensity and duration of pain to expect, possible side-effects to medication, and so on
- Contact details: Discharged patients are often disoriented and may not remember who treated them. Helping them contact the right people avoids confusion and ensures they’ll receive the best response
- Detailed follow-up instructions: Help patients to understand when they should follow up and what they should expect or provide at each appointment
One solution for all communications
In addition to helping you produce more effective discharge documents, the HP Patient Communications Solutions offer one platform for all communications. Designed to fit most IT environments, including service-oriented architectures (SOA), it can access your existing systems and data. That includes content from health information systems (HIS), electronic health records (EHR), patient data and patient education content.
Personalized Care Plans can be completed during patient interactions and produced immediately. Documents can be delivered in the patient’s preferred language to virtually any media, including print and mail, fax, web, email, and even SMS and voice messages. And you can streamline high-volume processes and redesign statements and newsletters so that they’re more patient-friendly and easier to understand.